Okay CSO peeps. If you’ve been on the fence as to whether or not you should purchase a CSO, well this fantastic way to quickly whip up potato salad will help you make a decision! Imagine steaming your eggs and potatoes at the same time! What??? In the Wolf CSO it only takes 22 minutes. Yes, that’s right. Twenty-two minutes. No need to bring a big pot of potatoes to boil and then wait. Oh and don’t forget those potatoes if they’re sitting on the stove. They turn into mush so quickly. And what about those eggs that you have to boil in a separate pot. You get the picture. With the help of Chef Ivan and Chef David at Riggs Distributing, the Steam Team has this one going on.
If you look very closely, you can see the eggs on the top shelf and the potato pieces on the bottom shelf.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into 8" squares
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (my favorite is Bariannis)
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- ¾ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, fresh, chopped
- Place the cut potatoes onto the perforated convection steam pan and spread out into a single layer. Place the solid oven pan on rack position 1. Place the perforated pan on rack position 2. Place the 3 eggs on the wire rack set on position 4. Turn the convection steam oven on by selecting the steam mode set to 210 degrees. Set the timer for 22 minutes.
- White the potatoes and eggs are steaming, prepare the sauce.
- Place wine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to ½ cup (about 6 minutes). Transfer wine to a bowl. Add vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper and minced garlic; stir with a whisk until well combined.
- After the timer goes off, remove the eggs from the oven and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. Check the potatoes; they may need to go 5 to 10 minutes longer. Remove the pan of potatoes and allow to partially cool.
- When the eggs are cool, peel and chop the eggs. Add the eggs, the sauce and the potatoes together in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Bon Appetit!