I’m trying to eat more veggies for breakfast, so I reheated leftover Garam Masala-spiced sauteed veggies with an egg. It was a perfect combination, as the cooked egg whites offered a meaty texture to the veggies, and the creamy partially-cooked yolk brought a sauce-like addition to the dish. YUM.
When cooking food in a steam oven, the more food surface that is in direct contact with the steam means that it’ll cook faster. Here, I chose a wide-mouth bowl to contain the egg. Most times I use a dinner plate (Corelle) so that the steam is exposed to as much surface area of the food as possible.
Place the rack on the bottom position.
I use the “Broil Steam” mode at 500 degrees F for most all my veggies reheats because I want a hot heat source to be directly above the food, from the roof of the CSO oven.
And, 90% of the time I cook the item for 10 minutes. This seems to be just the right time as I haven’t had undercooked foods, nor overcooked foods.
Perfectly poached egg and hot veggies in 10 minutes.
- Leftover cooked vegetables
- Optional: spices, herbs
- Put the leftover veggies in a wide-mouthed bowl.
- Push the veggies to the sides in order to make a well in the center.
- Put the raw egg in the center.
- Put in the CSO oven on the lower rack.
- Close the door and select "Broil Steam" at 500 degrees F, then select 10 minutes for the cooking time. Push the START button.