I love the smell of roasted winter vegetables with savory herbs! It signals the beginning of a cozy season of getting together with friends and family to celebrate the harvest with …. of course, food!
This colorful combo includes red potatoes, sweet potatoes, baby carrots, parsnips, and shallots, winners all in the high nutrition competition.
- ½ C. baby carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 parsnip peeled, cut in half width wise and then into wedges
- 1 sweet peeled, potato cut in half width wise and then into wedges
- 1 large red potato ([eave peel on) cut in half lengthwise and then into wedges
- 2 large or 4 small shallots, trimmed but left with skins on
- 2 Tbls. coconut oil
- 1 Tbls. thyme, fresh chopped
- 1 Tbls. sage, fresh chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Toss all the ingredients in the melted coconut oil and place on oiled baking tray. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Set CSO to Bake/Steam at 375 degrees. Roast for 20 minutes. Then switch to Bake at 375 without steam for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with Chicken with Citrus
Sweet potatoes are one of the highest sources of vitamin A (in many cases up to 90% of the daily needs) which is really great for kids!
Parsnips are a root vegetable not often used but they are a great source of fiber, vitamin B-6, C, E, and K along with important minerals such as iron, calcium, copper, potassium (counters the effects of sodium).
Anti-oxidant rich foods = cancer protection + healthy tissues, teeth, and gums + anti-inflammation. Soooo good for you and yummy too!