We all know super greens are awesome.
And, steaming them keeps them awesome!
Use the “Super Steam” mode on the Cuisinart CSO and you will get awesome steamed greens FAST. Prep time is minimal (2 minutes, maybe?), and the cook time is 10 minutes.
- Put the leaves on an oven-safe plate (I use Corelle). I was pleasantly surprised the first time that I put lots and lots of leaves on the plate, stacked on top of each other in a tall mound — it still cooked at the same temp, same time.
When I want to minimize the prep time I use Trader Joe’s ready-to-eat chopped kale leaves, or their mixed bag of collard greens and kale leaves. I remove the large stem pieces because they require more time to cook. Sometimes I save the stems and roast them with chopped carrots, celery, onions and any other veggies I have (“bake steam” mode, 400 degrees, 20 minutes).
2. Place the plate on the lower rack and select “Super Steam” at 350 degrees, for 10 minutes, and…
3. ….the greens are perfectly steamed.
4. Topping ideas:
- salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil
- your favorite salad dressing
- curry sauce, or tomato sauce
- ½ bag kale (from Trader Joe's)
- olive oil
- Use half the bag of 'ready-to-eat' kale from Trader Joe's, remove the large stem pieces.
- Put leaves on oven-safe plate or dish.
- Put on lower rack in the Cuisinart CSO.
- Select "Super Steam" mode, and 350 degrees, for 10 minutes.
- Remove and season with salt, pepper and oil (or other condiment).